This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you are a visitor to or user of our sites.
Where ever in this policy there is a reference to “we” or “us”, it is meant to refer to:
Brewsterfield Lodge House & Cottage with assistance of Smallbiz-webs (service provider)
as the registered and accountable owner(s) of this website.
Compliance to the applicable Law
We will use your information only for the purposes and in the manner as indicated below, which also describes the steps we take to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) and any subsequent data protection and privacy legislation, European Union Law including Regulation (EU) 2016/679, known as the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR and any subsequent amendments (collectively referred to as “Data Protection Legislation”)
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
You acceptance of this policy
By accessing and/or using our site, you are accepting the terms and conditions, inclusive of this policy, which are applicable to such access or use of our site. The type and amount of information we will be gathering from you will be dependent on the way in which you use the site and you direct interaction with it.
The type of personal information we collect and sources
Indirectly supplied information:
Directly supplied information:
- Direct information we receive from you will be any data you supply to us directly by registering on our site with a user name and password, or to a newsletter or mailing list, as well as any other information you voluntarily supply to us, including but not limited to by completing any form, or reacting to any surveys.
Purposes for which your personal information may be used
- Any purpose clearly defined when you supply the information to us, for that purpose and non other, for example, to enable us to send communication to you on your request.
- Enhance your experience when visiting their site.
- Make sure that our website is compatible with main stream browsers used to visit our site.
- That it is configured to give you the best view for your display settings or at least the ones used most.
- To confirm any potential financial claims from any of our affiliates for visitors routed from their sites.
- To evaluate which of our marketing links are performing well.
- To obtain a large variety of visitor statistics from third party info about our visitors, to ensure our info and offers are best suited for our visitors and our web pages are user friendly.
- Stay on top of user needs and requirements and changes happening in the internet environment we need to stay abreast of.
Disclosure of your information
We acknowledge the private nature and respect your personal information you might share with us while using our website.
Your personal information will only be disclosed to any third party in the event of:
- Any legal obligation we have to comply to;
- A third party subcontracted by us in enhancing our services or any other business related advice or services offered to us. Such third party will not have the right to use your information further than in respect to its services directly to us.
- We will never sell, or in any manner disclose your information to any other party with the purpose to enable such party to further disclose, or use your information for marketing or any other purpose or benefit to such a third or further parties gaining access to such information.
Security of your information
We endeavor to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data which might be transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access.
However, no matter the amount of measures taken by us to protect your information, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We can therefore not guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our site or stored on the servers hosting, or backing up our site.
Although we can assure you that we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal data, in the event that there is an interception or unauthorized access to it, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of such information.
The current version is October 2018 Version 1.